Thursday 8 December 2016

Directorial inspiration and Analysis

My main inspirations in directing are Steven Spielberg, Alfred Hitchcock and Clint Eastwood. I am also a fan of Guillmero del torro, Ridley Scott and Brian De Palma. For my Me Myself and I I was planning to have a dark ending like many of Brian De Palma film's but during the writing I felt the story would work better with a lighter ending with hope though not an instant fix.

A director's role is to take the script and visualize the movie they control how the movie will be done and can make changes to the script. They also have a role in choosing the cast. Often a director can get too obsessed with their vision and become difficult to work or the opposite be too friendly and the crew won't respect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment